Apprentice Yixing Tea Pot
Hand selected from the small studio of master artisan in a village near the famous city of Yixing. She is training an apprentice in this centuries-old skill and is more interested in passing on her art than making profits.
Attributes we look for in selecting clay tea pots include:
- Shape and balance in the hand
- Clay density-weight and texture-contributes to flavor absorption
- Arch, speed and consistency of pour. No dripping
- Notice the top of the handle, spout and opening are in the exact same plane.
- Multiple small openings inside at base of spout act as filter for tea leaves.
This classic, simple pearl shape would be a perfect way to start your Yixing tea pot collection. It would be suitable for use with any type of tea.
volume 7 oz/210 ml